Sometimes when life gets too hectic as I lie in bed I drift off into this visualization of my childhood spending part of the summer on the Connecticut shoreline. Those were good times, frolicking in the sand, on the rocks, catching crabs, looking for shells with my Grandmother for another arts and crafts project, the smells from the kitchen, playing cards, board games and BIG jigsaw puzzles when the weather was bad.
However, my recurring visualization is that of me on one of those one person, blow up beach rafts from the 60’s with the waves softly lapping and moving me around to the ebb and flow of the waves. And, being careful to paddle occasionally so that I would not get washed out to sea inadvertently.
Ahhhh, peace and serenity for the little girl who struggled to walk with any sort of precision. On the water was a lot better after the balance challenges were overcome.
Welcome to Serenity on the 8th Hole!
Fast forward to 2016 and I have again found that little corner of relaxation and serenity in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The “sweet spot” for this person who can’t sit still is a little piece of heaven porch, situated on the 8th hole of the Pine Hills Golf Course– complete with a lovely, high end, durable blue like the ocean, state of the art patio chair and table ensemble.
Overlooking the 8th hole with a lovely pond, a resident watering hole for black and white birds alike, it’s peaceful beyond measure. And, just a five minute drive to the beach.
For the ultimate relaxation, I’ve recently added a state of the art, luxurious Universal Design Master Bath! I could stay in there forever.
Selecting just a few of the more serene activities, thanks to @MonkeySeeMonkeyGo Travel Forum, you, too, can bask beyond my porch (if you can drag yourself away) to do the following:
- Guided Dolphin Tours, Riverboat Tours, Sunset Tours, Nature Based “Rover Boat” Tours in Georgetown County- http://www.myrtlebeach.com/102-things-to-do/boat-cruises/
- Horseback Riding (Stables Recommended) http://www.myrtlebeach.com/102-things-to-do/horseback-riding/ (The City of Myrtle Beach has recently discontinued horses on beaches within the city limits)
- Gardens – Including the 100 Acre Wildlife preserve called Brookgreen Gardens , including 1,500 sculptures and breathtaking holiday displays http://www.myrtlebeach.com/102-things-to-do/gardens/
- Museums and Plantations – Including a revolutionary War era Plantation and the Rice Museum http://www.myrtlebeach.com/102-things-to-do/historical-sites-plantations/
- Comedy Clubs- A Live Five Star Comedy Club, from Improv Comedy to headliners from the Tonight show Comedy Central etc. Laughing is good for you and a great stress reliever! http://www.myrtlebeach.com/102-things-to-do/comedy-clubs/
- Kayaking -both on inland waterways and out on the ocean. Although the serene version is the opportunity to experience the Low Country – its wildlife, marsh and rivers. And then there’s the “heart pumping” ocean kayaking if you prefer…http://www.myrtlebeach.com/102-things-to-do/kayaking/
- Dining. Shopping, Parks, Apartment Living and more! The Market Common has so much to offer for recreation, dining, apartment living, movies, boutiques, parks all in one! I’ve lived there often before buying my condo! A great haven! It’s one of my favorite places ever! So relaxing! http://www.myrtlebeach.com/102-things-to-do/the-market-common/
So, surround yourself with serenity in my “just like home” condo on the golf course and then head out for more! Myrtle Beach is the place to be!
For Booking contact Evolve Vacation Rental Network at the following link:
Be sure to book in advance for the best dates and rates!
FYI, I am also listed on Home Away, VRBO, AirBNB and Trip Advisor!
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain