Lubbock Texas- Nick named the “Hub City,” due to its reputation as the economic, education, and health care hub of that region of the state. Lubbock is the largest contiguous cotton growing region in the world…. The Lubbock Police Department was shaped by Chief J.T. Alley (1923–2009), who served from 1957–1983, the third-longest tenure in state history. Under Chief Alley, the department acquired its first Juvenile Division, K-9 Corps, Rape Crisis Center, and Special Weapons and Tactics teams.
It was also against this backdrop just eight years later… in May 1991, that an affable young man, at age 24, always popular with the young ladies, seemingly was outmatched by a sociopathic hanger-on girlfriend that he could not shed in favor of his true love.
Descriptions such as callous; unemotional; lacking empathy; aggressive; impulsive; acting without any regard for the welfare of others have been used to describe psychopathy…However, new research suggests that female psychopaths differ in the expression of deceitful, manipulative, and exploitive personality traits. They are more likely to express these personality deficits through behaviors typically with extreme fear of abandonment; outbursts of rage over real or imagined transgressions, they switch between seeing their significant other as either completely perfect or totally evil or become women who must constantly be the center of attention. They may be misdiagnosed as having mental illness. Such a female…. perhaps Leisha Gwen Hamilton…. [The murderer of Roger “Scott” Dunn] may be just as incapable of true empathy, and just as manipulative and deceitful, as the psychopathic callous, unemotional male. [Published on May 2, 2012 by Joni E. Johnston, Psy.D. in The Human Equation]. Such a woman, who upon first meeting Scott’s Dunn’s father, was more concerned with acquiring Scott’s car (holding the keys in her hand) than finding him… and THAT was just one layer of the onion…..with 21 more years worth of layers to come….
“Shattered Lives” travelled the path with Jim Dunn, as he recounted his fight for justice with many revelations along the way…
- Crime tips across the miles…South Carolina, Connecticut. ***Email your tips anytime to feature on the air at: email@example.com;
- Introduction to our guest; Murder of a son…
- What it takes to be a survivor to continue to pursue justice all the many years…the road not taken…;
- The circumstances of the crime….. All of a sudden we don’t hear from our son….….A strange woman calls….
- “Why are you calling me at work? “(Leisha) The story continues… a piece of carpet tells the story….;
- Richard Walter, psychologist’s comment on psychopaths;
- A bright technically oriented kid, who had “too many girlfriends;”
- Twenty-one years to the date that he was murdered…. The remains were found in May 2012;
- Filling in the gaps…. The law enforcement response initially- Across the miles from Philadelphia to Lubbock ,Texas;
- A father’s demeanor to “take care of business” just like a business meeting;
- The dinner with Leisha- a plot to play one man against the other – in jealousy;
- “Scott just left.” I want his car…..”
- Under surveillance…. Ready to jump on the case….
- 300-400 phone calls in one year- June 1992- Meeting Richard Walter…from the Vidocq Society;
- “You don’t have a body…. You don’t have a case;”
- Duct tape and hair fibers …. A telltale sign;
- Tim Smith and former criminal records discovered by Jim;
- A TV show that made the difference….. http://www.vidocq.org/who.html;
- Richard Walter comes in from Scotland Yard…. “I’ll let the phone ring five times”
- Texas Law tells the story – a body, a confession or part of a body;
- The trials of Leisha Hamilton and Tim Smith….
- A suspended sentence – Why??
- Discussion of a probated sentence;
- A victim’s advocate….Pam Alexander “a God’s send;”
- His wife Barbara and her needs…. I’ll leave you…”
- Scott’s biological Mom….
- An unexpected event – finding the body…. Repair men on Pipelines;
- Meeting Wanda Evans and the evolution of “Trail of Blood”
- My purpose was to find Scott and give credit to the Vidocq Society;
- Competing books….. “The Murder Room” http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainment/headlines/20100905-Book-review-The-Murder-1497.ece
- Jim’s “Trail of Blood” http://www.amazon.com/dp/0882822616;
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The Cue Center for Missing Persons: http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/ William Fleisher, V.S.M.
- “Scared to Death” – Leisha got married in prison ….Death Threats;
- The Investigators” An Empty Grave” from Hulu: http://www.tv.com/shows/the-investigators/an-empty-grave-1147530/
- Going before the Parole Board four times to date…Prisons are overcrowded…
- Delilah on…. the absolute ripple effect of crime….
- The opportunity to offer “Shattered Lives” to families who are hurting…;
- Thank- yous….. and www.donnagore.com.
Questions, Questions, Questions;
- The parole board -What is the status of the murderer when does the perpetrator get out?
- What was the crux of the altercation that led to the murder?
- How long did it take to secure a conviction?
- What was Jim’s charge by the police in order to find out more information from the perpetrator(s)”?
- What were the evidence and the results of the DNA?
- What were Jim’s efforts after Scott’s blood was identified?
- Who ultimately responded to Jim’s outreach efforts?
- What was the Texas law enforcement’s theory of the case?
- Who was Bill Fleisher, William Fleisher, V.S.M. and what was his significance to the case?
- How was it that the case came to trial with “no body”?
- What was the involvement of Scotland Yard?
- What happened with the Grand jury?
- What part of Texas law allows for a suspended sentence-“probated sentence”?
- What was the condition of Scott’s body when located?
- A letter from prison… What’s going on?
The comments expressed on this website or on the broadcasts of Shattered Lives do not necessarily reflect the opinions or beliefs of the hosts, producers, or other guests.