How often do you encounter a person who shares her passions, her knowledge, and her love while embracing everyone in the most non-judgmental way? Dr. Dalal Akoury is a complex, multi-faceted human being, put on God’s green earth to serve others…. She has a brilliant mind, a bright smile, an eagerness to learn and share her knowledge. She makes her rounds within the confines of herAwareMED Institute with purpose, dressed in brightly colored clothing, traversing here and there, almost like a butterfly….
And ….if you think “bedside manner” is a lost cause among physicians these days, not so in this case! To her patients, she is warm, and welcoming. She uses sensitivity and respect with her hands on approach with a child- like enthusiasm.
Dr. Akoury is all about the pursuit of harmony with the mind, body and spirit. It is with this mission and a sense of fortitude that she is forging a new path to health and wellness for others to walk. However, as a skilled and traditionally trained physician as well, she has not forsaken all aspects of mainstream medicine. During the weekends, “Dr. Dolly,” as she is affectionately called, does her duty as an Emergency Room physician, thinking on her feet, making split second decisions according to prescribed protocols to try to effect change to acute medical problems. BUT…. if only other physicians and the masses would be open to holistic approaches, combined with traditional methods (as needed)…. Ladyjustice likens it to Dorothy in the “Wizard of Oz “finding her way at last to the Emerald City. Dr. Akoury makes no bones about the damage pharmaceuticals and people’s bad habits are having on our society and the needless, destructive human toll….letting preventable diseases get the upper hand,
It is within this backdrop that Dr. Akoury discussed with Ladyjustice and Delilah, the realities of the Emergency Room setting in 2013 contrasted with what she can offer at AwareMED Institute and specialized upcoming retreats.
To hear the podcast CLICK HERE:
- Introductions to Dr. Akoury and show topics;
- Dr. Akoury’s turning point in life after her father’s death and medical training;
- “Traditional Medicine is not the prescription for health and wellness” D. Akoury;
- 1990-2013- Loss of the human touch in the ER – replacing it with computers and numbers…
- The volume…. A fast past five minute ”cookbook” exam and triage;
- The functional medicine model – addresses the route cause and use of preventative techniques….. in her other realm of medicine vs. ‘planting a seed” in the ER;
- The Demographics of the ER – Crime related, MVAs, and “repeat offenders;”
- Truth health care comes from understanding, becoming involved and attuned to your body……
- Delilah asks about eliminating the ER and Trauma care…. (as in the drama “Grey’s Anatomy)” Does this really exist?
- Homeless patients versus the temporary setting;
- Delilah’s commentary on the hard choices our society is having to choose such as food versus medicine…..also invading the middle class…
- “Igniting the spark of health…” her mission for AwareMED;
- Announcement about upcoming “ Wellness U” Retreat;
- “Food is your medicine”
- Cancer as an “invited guest”
- How to be a good consumer versus hype;
- Investment, transformation and time;
- Registration information: April 5th & 6th; Tel: 843-213-1480; Forms available on http://www.AwareMED.com; site; Linkedin, Twitter; ImaginePublicity.com. Dr. Akoury’s newsletter, webinars; Cost: $199 and offering an early bird special or $150,- Deadline March 15th; Up to 40 people per session at the Institute; Larger Groups at other sites;
- Delilah explains the fun details…. It’s open to everyone! (No matter what your state of health is)
- In the future- Retreats for the medical community; “Hospitality vs. hospitals”
- Talking about the similarities of a dream that Susan Murphy Milano also shared to help people;
- The readiness of patients and the medical community;
- Wealth and sickness- Dr. Akoury’s commentary;
- Two levels and awareness and “Big Pharma”
Just some of the questions: to be answered by listening to this podcast
- What is a pro-cancer environment?
- What is meant by a “pharmaceutical soup” and “poly-pharmacia”?
- What is meant by sickness care?
- What is the Wellness U Retreat all about?
- What kinds of modules will be offered at future retreats?
- How do we build a following to health and wellness?
Dr. Dalal Akoury, MD is fellowship trained and certified in anti-aging functional and regenerative medicine, as well as having more than twenty years of accumulated experience in emergency medicine, pediatrics, and a master’s degree in public health. She has also served fellowships in pediatric hematology/oncology and has preformed research in leukemia and the effects of smoking.
About developing her dream, AWAREmed and Wellness U, Dr. Akoury says, “My mission is to ignite the spark of health deep within everyone, and to allow this sparkle of wellness to shine through everyone’s eyes, becoming one with the universe, and aligning body, mind, and spirit.”
- Choice of days/dates….Friday, April 5 or Saturday, April 6
- Time: 8am-4pm Eastern time
- Location: AWAREMed Health and Wellness Resource Center, 4710 Oleander Dr., Myrtle Beach, SC
- Price: Early Registration $150 (deadline March 15) $199
- Contact: Call 843-213-1480 to register or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorships are available. For information, please contact ImaginePublicity
Tel: 843-808-0859 Email: email@example.com