Eryn Cervantes is immersed in criminal justice issues…as a survivor of a family member who was murdered…as a 14 year veteran correctional officer for the State of California…and as the Coordinator for their first Annual CAH Victim Awareness Conference. It’s a tall order…but the adrenalin is pumping, the excitement is flowing…the interest is building and the results….AHHHH… Just wait! The outcome, the sharing, and the long-lasting coalition building and assistance for victims of crime will be glorious…
Shattered Lives host “Ladyjustice” had the opportunity to learn about the April 12-13,2013 Conference in Las Vegas Nevada with very special guest, American icon, Bill Cosby…and discuss related issues after Eryn’s departure…
To listen to the Podcast: CLICK HERE
- History of Citizens Against Homicide;
- Purpose of the Conference;
- Line-up of Speakers by category; Bill Sullivan and Medical Examiner Issues;
- DA from Sacramento re How to Lobby for Victim Rights;
- DNA Evidence& Evidence Processing
- Keynote Speaker- Eryn’s “Pipedream”
- Bill Cosby as a Crime Victim- Uncharted Territory;
- Resources for Conference , Fees and what’s included;
- Website Citizens Against Homicide Website and their focus; www.citizensagainsthomicide.com;
- Who is your target audience?
- Facebook sites;
- Cherry Simpson-Featured Speaker who worked with Susan Murphy-Milano to save her daughter from Domestic Violence, also a homicide survivor (niece Lacey murdered); Support for Homicide Survivors in Illinois;
- Bill Sullivan– The problem of “rubber stamping deaths” as suicide versus homicide…. Oklahoma as a prime example…
- A matter of educating, whether your questions are answered and what entities are there to help;
- Why aren’t there more conferences focused on victim issues?
- Victim Advocacy as a career…
- Bill Cosby: In His Heart King of Cosby No More by “Ladyjustice”
- Comedy as good medicine…Even Crime Victimization?
- “The Perfect TV Family…” a lot of pressure;
- An October cruise – many amazing things came forth…
- Offerings from Citizens against Homicide website…. Including, media, helping victims navigating the parole process of perpetrators, assisting with unsolved cases… former connection with Crimewire;
- Eryn’s background…
- Billboard campaigns in California and elsewhere;
Lineup on “Shattered Lives” in the coming weeks;
- Marilyn Gambrell and “No More Victims” kids of incarcerated parents…including kids;
- Sexual Assault and the Fourtin Case – an Update;
- Author –Diane Fanning;
- Elaine Pagliaro, Instructor from the Henry Lee Institute;
- The National Conference for Community & Justice;
- Diane Weaver- Executive Director of CRIS Radio- Connecticut’s Radio Reading Service;
- Benefits of Citizens of Homicide;
- “Shattered Lives” Nearly a Year Old…
Additional Questions during the show:
- Who is Yvette Nance and why is the Conference in her memory?
- What is the process for requesting and funding of billboards for crime victims in the State of California?
- We need more information regarding exhibits and participating in the book fair…
- What do you wear in Las Vegas in April?
- The House on 15 Winterset Lane: Where Dr. Russell Manfredi Murdered his Wife…. (donnagore.com)
- Incidence and Risk Factors of Homicide – Suicide in Swiss Households: National Cohort Study (plosone.org)
- “Restorative Justice” Is Potentially Destructive, Too (thisruthlessworld.wordpress.com)
- Gary marks year’s first homicide (posttrib.suntimes.com)
- Oakland police investigating four homicides within hours (mercurynews.com)
- Rifle Ban Has Little to Do With Homicide (pjmedia.com)
- The End of Life Journey (donnagore.com)