‘Such a refreshing change…. Ann Baldwin is one of those rare media professionals who can readily see the big picture…. Who gives credit where credit is due…Who truly cares about people! She escaped the cutthroat world of news reporting and anchoring for a better, more humane existence. She spoke freely on “Shattered Lives” about her experiences and offered solid advice to crime victims and people in general, on managing your life more effectively “when and if the media arrives at your doorstep” and how to take control!
Listen to podcast with Ann Baldwin:
When you tune in to “Shattered Lives,” you will learn about these topics and more…
- Her perspective when starting out on “the career ladder;”
- The competition; Life as a News Anchor and Reporter;
- Ratings, ratings, ratings…
- One work day, three human tragedies… “The last straw…”
- “Great reporting” – A hysterical mother and more…
- Microphone in your face… Sparing a family; Making a pact;
- THE TURNING POINT – How I’m impacting viewers;
- How can I use my experience to help others?
- Media Consulting; Example: The Connecticut Humane Society
- “Feel Good Stories” vs. “If It Bleeds, It Leads”;
- The Nancy Grace style…. And why it’s so wrong;
- Survival of the Fittest – Ann’s involvement with a child – A Bone Marrow Transplant story
- Showing Emotions “Never Do that Again;”
- Media Management: Assisting Dr. Bill Petit, Jr.;
- Negotiating, Laying the ground rules and “respectful media”;
- Too many people think the media will just go away… Wrong!
- Ann reaching out to others… Do you need help?
- Crisis Communication: The many venues in which Ann assists;
- “No Comment”- What it really means;
- Ways to say something without saying anything;
- Getting a reaction versus keeping an even temperament;
- YOU CAN CONTROL THE MEDIA WITH YOUR KEY MESSAGES;
- Social Media Discussion: Bill Petit Example;
- Delilah and Ann’s advice concerning dealing with negative comments;
- As a reporter, check yourself; Take a step back;
- Freedom of Information– All information is game…
- Victims being re-victimized by the media: Where is the follow-up?
(Why aren’t more media outlets paying attention to shows like Shattered Lives?”)
- Media firms helping others – A simple answer vs. needing an on-going strategy;
- THE BIGGEST MISTAKE PEOPLE MAKE WITH THE MEDIA;
- Wrong headed thinking about the media and what constitutes news;
- Keeping the story contained – Find a media expert;
- Discussion of traditional media versus social media …. Twitter too!
- The Process: “How a story evolves from a story to a circus;”
- Delilah on the plight of missing persons- Who does the picking and choosing for media air time?
- The value of having a media professional feeding the stories to the right people!
- (The definition of Ann’s job – “What she eats, sleeps and breathes” daily);
- Ann praising “Shattered Lives” -Asking where are the big companies & corporations?
- Dwindling resources of newspapers- the need to write your own stories, blogs, websites and Facebook presence;
- Can we ever go back to hard news?
- Conditioning the younger generation to “instantaneous news”;
- How to counter instantaneous news…;
- Seize every opportunity, no matter how large or small;
- Creating the vision and image for Ladyjustice in the future;
- The calling to help other crime victims – Similarities to the recovery process;
- LIFE IS GOOD -according to Ladyjustice;
- Media Training at Baldwin Media Marketing- Cutting through the Media Clutter;
- Parting thoughts – What is your call to action- your purpose?;
- Responding to tough questions and the ground rules;
- Get to know what Ann Baldwin has to offer;
115 Fenn Road
Newington, CT 06111
- And She Said…. “I Can Find Another Job…I Can’t Find Another Sister” (donnagore.com)
- For the Love of a Disabled Child (timesupblog.blogspot.com)
- Movie Reviews: A Look at “Shattered Lives” on Film (donnagore.com)
- Denny Griffin: “It’s One Thing to Forgive… But You Don’t Forget… The Loss of a Child (donnagore.com)
- Shattered Lives Welcomes Media Maven, Ann Baldwin (imaginepublicity.com)