The following blog “hits the highlights” regarding the “Shattered Lives “episode regarding Missing Persons Advocates, Maureen Reinjtes, Administrator of Peace 4the Missing and Christy Davis, Founder of Finder’s Hope , and Florida State Coordinator for the CUE Center for Missing Persons.
For lively conversational repartee among four dedicated women and detailed info, we invite you to listen to the full hour show!
In addition, please support all of the events and organizations listed below in alphabetical order:]
Organizations and Events: (O & E)
- Cue Center for the Missing: (O) http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/
- Finders Hope: (O) http://www.findershope.org/About_Us.html (O);
- Dedication and Tree Planting for Britanee Drexel, Myrtle Beach, SC, April 28, 2012 (E) http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com;
- Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with One Step: Hope for Texas Missing(E); June 3, 2012, Mesquite, Texas (via CUE Center);
- Holding My Hand Through Hell (E) (Susan Murphy Milano) via SEMO and Scott County Search and Rescue; Cape Girardeau, MO April 28-May 2, 2012;
- Keys to Healing Retreat (E) August 10-12, 2012 (Via Project Jason);
- Peace4the Missing: (O) http://peace4missing.ning.com/
- Project Jason; (O) http://www.projectjason.org/index.shtml;
- https://www.everribbon.com/stunts4justice (E) In memory of Maureen Brainard –Barnes, Murder Victim of Long Island serial Killer (April 21, 2012), Colchester, CT;
- NamUs (Data Base – Repository); http://www.namus.gov/ a Federal repository for missing and unidentified decedent records;
- Night Walk to Shed Light on the Missing; April 28th (E) via the CUE Center; Pittsburg State University , Pittsburg, KS http://walkforthemissing.webs.com/ In memory of Joshua Hancock;
- Road to Remember Tour- Annual Road Tour – (CUE Center) (E)http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/on-the-road-to-remember-national-tour/To Be Announced for 2012;
- Susan Murphy Milano Show Time’s Up Missing Teens FOUND! Samantha Briana Duran & Kelsey Barrett from Sevier County, TN: 4-12-2012
Maureen Reinjtes: Salient Points:
Her husband went missing in 2005 after many years of marriage; There was no “handbook “ to follow; Maureen came home each night after working two jobs and desperately searched .. for his bones… He reappeared in 2009; There are many unanswered questions and no clear picture of where he is to this day. There are no legal rights for a spouse in such a position of limbo and desperation. She obtained help from a private investigator, staff at Project Jason and Monica Caison of the CUE Center. Since then she has peen a pioneer in forging the way… nominated to the NamUs Academy, assisting police officers in use of NamUS the largest single data base –repository for the missing and unidentified in addition to administrating the “Platform” format of Peace4the Missing.
Christy Davis: Salient Points:
Christy is the mother of missing son Michael “Austin” Davis who disappeared on June 26, 2007. Since that time; she has spent her time founding Finder’s Hope, a non-profit providing direct support, education, advocacy and awareness to other families with missing loved ones. Christy has been named a State Coordinator for the CUE Center for Missing Persons in Florida.
Please Listen to the show and learn more about:
- When is a missing person declared dead?
- Who to reach out to when there is no “Handbook?”
- What are your legal rights as the spouse of a missing person?
- What you have to do to advocate for your case?
- What small things you can do to help others?
- Why are resort areas more vulnerable to the missing and what learn what two families accomplished with many resources working on their behalf to locate their minor teens;
- What is the Road to Remember Tour all about?
- Why is the Healing Retreat a one of a kind event and how does Project Jason assist?
- Why are NamUS and Billy’s Law vital to crime victims?
- And other topics….
- 1st Annual Night Walk To Shed Light On The Missing April 28th, 2012 (ncmissingpersons.org)
- The Roth Show: Two Fathers, “Our Daughters are Missing!” (imaginepublicity.com)
- Shattered Lives: How Families of the Missing are Affected and How They Give Back (imaginepublicity.com)
- Memo to the Lifetime Channel: Stacy Peterson is Still Missing (murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com)